Frequently Asked Questions
What is required for booking an appointment?
Once you have booked an appointment, it is required to provide proof of one of the qualifying conditions, prior to seeing a physician. You can do so easily by uploading your information to your secure patient portal link provided in your appointment email. Alternatively, you may fax the required document to (850) 397-8213.
Proof of your qualifying condition, you need one of the following:
1. A copy of your medical record / document.
2. A medical note from your physician stating your diagnosis.
3. A screen shot of your patient portal which details your diagnosis (can be uploaded to your patient portal).
4. If you suffer with chronic pain, documentation of pain lasting longer than 3 months, including failed attempts at other treatments.
What is the qualifying diagnosis for the State of Maryland?
- Wasting Syndrome
- Severe or chronic pain
- Severe nausea
- Severe or persistent muscle spasms
- Chronic medical condition which is server and or which other treatments have been ineffective
What are the qualifying medical conditions in The District of Columbia?
- Conditions characterized by severe and persistent muscle spasms, such as multiple sclerosis
- Qualifying medical treatments: chemotherapy, use of azidothymidine or protease inhibitor, radiotherapy
- Any other condition that is chronic, cannot be effectively treated by ordinary medical measures
- Any condition for which treatment with medical cannabis would be beneficial, as determined by the patient’s physician
- Autism is allowed under Doctor discretion in prescribing medical cannabis
How long is my recommendation valid?
1 year, to the date, from recommendation.
Where is my cannabis certification / recommendation valid?
All dispensaries in the state of your residence of Maryland or the District of Columbia.
Can I get a cannabis certification renewal?
Yes. Make an appointment for your renewal for one day or beyond the expiration date of your current recommendation. Overall evaluation required.
What does the overall evaluation entail?
The overall evaluation includes prescreening the patient medical records and documents uploaded. At the time of the visit, the doctor will discuss with you your reasons for need/use of medical cannabis, your current medical history, allergies, current medications and an overview of your lifestyle and nutrition. Medical cannabis education is provided with recommendations on safe use, dosing and follow-up planning is done. We can help you apply to the state for your ID number and card for an additional fee in the medical clinic, only.
Can I get a renewal if I have been certified by a doctor not in your practice?
Are all visits done by Televideo?
No. Our preferred method of evaluating all of our patients is to use our secure Telehealth portal to see all of our patients. If patients prefer to come in to the office it will be one at a time, with COVID-19 social distancing and safety measures followed at all times during the visit. This service is for patients with appointments, only.
What are your Covid-19 Precautions?
We care about your safety and the safety of those around you. All clients must wear a mask, covering nose and mouth, upon entry to the clinic. Temperature checks will be conducted upon arrival. Clients with temperatures of 100.4F or more, will not be seen and appointment will be cancelled. We will require one client visit at a time. Hand sanitizer will be provided and usage will be necessary upon arrival and as needed throughout your visit.
As a convenience, all services are eligible for televideo visits until further notice.